Are you and the kids enjoying the summer like we are? All the warm days and playing out until late, nothing quite like it, almost makes me feel young again, almost!
During a rainy day recently I decided to make some paper plate fish with the kids while it chucked it down outside. These simple plate tropical fish are bright, vivid and are really oh so gorgeous. We visited an aquarium not too long ago, so it felt an appropriate project to do with the kids, the kids loved making them. Also, a fantastic way for you to give a beautiful touch of color to their room or possibly even the family fridge.
These particular adorable and cheerful paper plate tropical fish will certainly ignite your kid’s creative imagination. We used bright colors on our paper plate fish but you don’t need to stick to the colors we used you can make use of any colors that take your fancy or indeed have to hand.
Why not get the kids signing some fishy or sea related songs while you get creative, my little ones love making up songs and ditties almost as much as making these cute fish.
- Paper Plates (obviously)
- Acrylic paints, as bright and vibrant as possible
- Safety Scissors
- A few brushes
- Glue Stick
- Some googly eyes
- Craft Glue
- For each and every fish you’re going to require a couple of paper plates. Paint one paper plate orange, one yellow, your third one green and the final one pink. Meanwhile, while they dry, mark the designs on the remaining paper plates. Painting the design parts the suitable colors and allow to dry.
- Cut the painted fish pieces out, you ought to be able to see the lines through the paint.
- Apply a glue stick to affix the fish parts to the right plates, gluing the parts to the rear.
- Make use of paint to incorporate stripes or polka dots, furnish them, however, feel like. Apply craft glue to secure the googly eye.
- Hang your paper plate fishes on the family fridge or bedroom wall for an instant maintenance free aquarium.