3 ideas for gift wrapping
You’re sure to impress friends and family when you use these ideas to wrap up their presents
- Trace the gift bag template onto double-sided paper. Cut and fold where indicated and assemble by gluing the side tabs.
- Stamp and heat emboss a sentiment using white embossing powder onto a semi-circle red card, then layer onto a slightly larger scalloped circle of white card. Attach the top edge of the bag front. Measure 30mm from each end on both sides of the bag and punch four small holes.
- Use VersaMark ink to stamp a greeting onto red card and heat emboss with white powder. Trim into a tag shape, layer on to a larger white tag and punch a hole. Thread ribbon through the holes at the top of the bag, so the ends meet at the front. Then add the tag and tie into a bow.
- Die-cut two hanging stockings from red card and cut away the top hanging loop. Layer them onto silver die-cut stockings. Add white card detail to the top and a silver snowflake. Place the stockings at an angle on the front of the bag as shown. To finish, add a red gem to the centre of the bow.
Star Gift Box
- Trace and cut out the star box template onto double-sided patterned paper. Score and fold all of the lines as indicated on the template. Apply glue to three of the flaps, fold inwards and stick to the opposite side of the box.Gently push inwards along the scored lines to create a star shape.
- After adding your gift, fold the unglued flap inside the box to close it.Wrap ribbon around the centre of the box and secure on top with a bow.
- Die-cut holly leaves from silver card and attach, tucking them underneath the bow. Stamp a sentiment tag onto white card, cut out and punch a hole.Thread silver twine around the top of the ribbon, add the tag and tie into a bow.
Gift Card Holder
- Cut a 120 x 220mm piece of red card, and score at 60mm, 90mm, 120mm and 185mm. Mark 10mm in from the 90mm score line and use a craft knife to cut across 10mm away from the opposite side.
- Place an arrows trip of double-sided tape from the 60mm score line up to the 90mm score line at both sides.Add tape before the 120mm score line, then valley fold so that the 60mm line touches the 120mm line. Use a circle die to cut an arc out of the folded slit line–this is where the gift card will sit.
- Layer a 115 x 55mm piece of snowflake paper onto silver card, leaving a narrow border, and attach to the lower inside panel. Die-cut a cross stitch pattern on the edges of a 72 x 40mm of white card and attach to the snowflake panel.
- Cut a 115 x 55mm piece of snowflake paper and a 115 x 25mm piece of striped paper, layer each onto silver card and attach to the front panels. Die-cut a cross stitch pattern on the edges of an 86 x 55mm piece of red card, then stamp and heat emboss a sentiment using white embossing powder. Layer onto silver card and attach to the front of the closed holder, attaching a hook and loop dot on the inside to fasten. Add snowflakes and gems to the front sentiment panel to finish.