Bird Feeders with toilet rolls and peanut butter
This is a great project to help create awareness of nature and watching the lovely little birds turn up for a munch on your hard work. Making bird feeders is such an easy project it can be done by even the smallest of hands, although they may need a little help with the peanut butter part!
Learn how to make these bird feeders with things you already have around the house. Our quick guide will show you the simple steps to make your own bird feeder.
- Empty toilet rolls obviously, although paper towel rolls are just as good either whole or cut in half
- Peanut Butter, smooth is best
- Mixed bird seed
- A non sharp knife or lolly stick
- Plates, to hold the bird seed while we roll
- A few twigs, optional
- If you are using paper towel rolls decide if you are cutting them in half and do so
- With the knife or lolly stick spread peanut butter on the outside of your toilet/paper towel rolls (careful here to make sure that the peanut butter ends up on the rolls and not being eaten before hand!)
- Check the rolls make sure the peanut butter is evenly spread
- Pour the bird seed on to the plates and roll the rolls in the seed, you may find it easier if you use a twig through the rolls
- Once all your rolls are covered with bird seed go out into the garden and find a branch to hang them on
- Sit back and wait for our feathered friends to arrive for their lovely treat