The circus is coming!That’s what everyone will think when you make this roly-poly elephant with your children. This is a great project to do with the kids on a rainy day or maybe after (or before) a visit to a zoo? Most of the materials can be found around the house so its cheap to make too, something which is always nice. So what are you waiting for get the kids away from those iPad’s, games consoles, mobile phones, televisions and get their imagination and creativity going.
- Round cardboard oatmeal box and its lid
- Construction Paper
- Four toilet paper rolls
- Crayons or markers
- Use the box with the lid on for the body of the elephant
- Cut out the trunk and ears from the construction paper, then tape them to the body
- Tape a piece of yarn to the top of the box for a tail
- Cut the toilet paper rolls to fit the body and keep your elephant standing level. Glue them on for the legs, you may need to hold them in place until they dry!
- Paint your elephant grey then add eyes and other features